I had the pleasure of attending this year’s GMIC which brings leaders of some of the top mobile companies to discuss the trends and breakthroughs that lie ahead. Here’s a brief recap of the conference with one sentence summaries of their talks. Thanks to the GMIC team for throwing a great event!
– Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote. “Selling to consumers is the same as selling to enterprises. Make people happy. Your users want to use your software form a personal standpoint the same as they do from a business perspective.”
– Lei Jun, CEO of Xiaomi and Hugo Barra, VP of Xiaomi (Ex-Google VP) – “We do everything for the Mi fans.” The companies compares its business strategy to Amazon more than Apple by focusing on infrastructure and distribution.
– Vaughan Smith, VP of Mobile Partnerships at Facebook – Facebook is finally focused on mobile. They introduced their mobile app ads for installs and now controls 15% of the entire online ad market.
– Akira Morikawa, CEO of Line, leading Japanese messaging app. 270 million users can’t be wrong. “Text is informational. Stickers and games are emotional.” The company has exploded due to the later.
– David Helgason, CEO of Unity Technologies. “How big is mobile games? People spend roughly 50 minutes per day playing games. 50% of people in the world are expected to have smartphone in the next few years. They will be supported by roughly 2 million developers. Let’s empower them to become creators.”
Some other pics!